Average Taxable Income 2006-07
- Orange $47,815
- Orange-Cabonne-Blayney $46,489
Regional NSW $46,263
- Average individual taxable income in Orange in 2006-07 was higher than the
Orange-Cabonne-Blayney region and regional NSW.
- The average income in Orange increased by 7% between 2005-06 and 2006-07.
Source: Australian Taxation Office, Taxation Statistics 2006-07
Income by Occupation
- Data collected by the Australian Taxation Office indicates that in 2005-06, the average income for wage and salary earners resident in Orange was $40,192, 4% higher than for regional NSW.
- The average income for wage and salary earners in Orange was slightly higher than those in nearby Blayney ($38,770) and Cabonne ($36,943).
- The average income of all occupations in Orange except intermediate production and transport workers and labourers and related workers exceeded regional state averages.
Source: ABS Regional Wage and Salary Earner Statistics, Australia - Data Cubes,