Positive development that benefits all in the community is greatly encouraged by Orange City Council and community.
Development in Orange
Positive development that contributes to the economic, cultural, social and environmental resources in the Orange area is actively promoted and encouraged by both the council and local community. The council can provide you with a high level of service to facilitate and expedite the development application process. In addition, a number of private operators are available to provide expertise and services to assist you with your application.
Between 2010 and 2011 Orange City Council approved buildings in the region with an approximate value of $125 million. The average value of industrial approvals increased by 101% in the five years from 2005-06 to 2010-11.
- Summer Centre development to include full redevelopment and new shopping facilities of the Summer Centre.
- Swimming pool development with lap-pool, baby pool and kids facilities.
- Waste management facilities to be open by 2013 including comprehensive compost and food waste management program for the region.
- Student accommodation development for Charles Sturt University (100 beds).
- NSW Department of Housing creating an additional 143 dwellings.
- Newcrest Integrated Operations Centre
- Further expansion of Charles Sturt University